Disasters can strike anytime and anywhere, often without warning. Do you know the important steps to prepare for all kinds of emergencies, including hurricane preparedness?
Remember, it doesn’t take a major hurricane to cause major impact to an area! Here’s how you can prepare for the worst.
Essential Hurricane Preparedness Supplies
- 3 days of non-perishable water and food that doesn’t need electricity to prepare. At least 1 gallon of water per person per day (for drinking and hygiene).
- Emergency supply kit should include a first-aid kit, glasses or contact lenses, a written list of prescriptions and allergies + the prescribing doctors, a week’s supply of medications, plus pet information and supplies.
- Special items for infants, elderly or disabled family members.
- A battery – powered radio with extra batteries.
- Credit cards and cash.
- Extra set of car keys.
- Flashlights, blanket, shovel, flares.
In addition to those essential supplies for hurricane preparedness, your family should have a written emergency plan in place. Along with the plan, make sure to keep the written contact information with you at all times. Such list should include a contact number for your workplace, school, doctors, vet, insurance and out of town family or friends.
Click Here to Print the Emergency Preparedness Checklist
Monitor the Hurricane Tracker here.